Thursday, April 8, 2010

Megan and Jill Carle: My Heroes




















All my favorite cookbooks are by Megan and Jill. They are College Vegetarian Cooking (2009), College Cooking (2007), Teens Cook Dessert (2006), Teens Cook (2004). Teens Cook was one of the first cookbooks I ever owned. Some of my favorite recipes are from that cookbook and include Potato Chip-Crusted White Fish with Potato Wedges and Seven Layer Bars. Megan and Jill have really good recipes which are also really easy to make which means that I don’t get confused in the middle of the recipe. The recipes are for dishes that I actually like to make and eat. Also I have most of the ingredients in the back of my cupboards and in my refrigerator. Jill and Megan are closer to me in age so it makes it more fun to cook their dishes. They like the same things that I like.
My mom started paying me $10 to cook dinner once a week. Without these cookbooks I would have no idea what to cook for dinner and I would lose out on a lot of money. Two of my favorite dinners are Macaroni and Cheese, broccoli, salad, and probably ice cream. Or Sloppy Joes in buns, potato chips and green beans or asparagus depending on the season. I make desserts about once a week. My favorite is Vampire Cupcakes because you can put different fillings inside of them, like whipped cream or strawberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment